History of Starsong
The Unknown Age
- The theories behind Starsong’s creation is still speculation, but the general theory can be summarised as so; the Gods created their own worlds which bled into one, Starsong
- Their magic and creations are now trapped there, but can be seen through tears in the Rift
- The world was believed to have been created from the ashes of a dying star, which was reborn in the song of a thousand immaterials from the depths of the Kosmos we call Gods.
- During the Unknown Age, all records were wiped in a cataclysm of immense power. It seems that the world somehow “reset.”
- All we know of the Unknown Age was that there were barely any mortals, maybe 10 of each race, and that they lived together in a small but peaceful city, surrounded by Titans, Demons and Gods who were material at the time.
- The fledging kings of the Age of the Old World were gifted the Annals of the Kosmos from eight mysterious beings we call the Eight Scribes, legend says after their purpose had ended as scholars, warriors and kings over a land we know nothing of, the Annals of the Kosmos detailed everything about the Gods and the Kosmos. Once they left they became the Stars we see in the night.
The Age of the Old World – 5370 years
- When there was only two continents, Belisaere and Lidelas, plus the Dor Isle
- Lands in Lidelas were Liven, Tristin, Kulka’as, Coastrock and Yonas
- Liven was ruled by King Adnan and Queen Lerra-Aurea
- Yonas was ruled by King Vendrick and Queen Feirillis
- Tristin was ruled by King Laurentius and Queen Anastrasia
- Kulka’as was ruled by The Bloodless King and the Queen of the Four Winds
- Coastrock and the Dor Isle have no leaders, just tribes and nomads
- Belisaere is thick forest and swamp where savage elves live, in the mountains live Goliaths
- Queen Yenlara the Whispered One was the queen of the savage elves
- Dwarves live in the mines underneath, hording goods and worshipping strange gods
- Orcs are created by the Harbingers of Chaos, who fight dragons, demons, humans, elves, anyone from nomadic tribe clans
- Despite no-one knowing about it, Oolacile is here full of Kenku, hidden by mist of the Saltless Sea
- Skirmishes between the civilized humans and elves or orcs
- Skirmishes between drow and dwarves
- Human nations live in peace, working together
- The Scattered War, which is between goliaths, orcs, elves against men
The Age of Dragons – 240 years
- From their home in the Underworld, they took to the skies and attacked the lands in large numbers, easily overpowering them
- They managed to do this by making a deal with Asmodeus to escape their cage of earthly iron
- They created Drangleic from the earth, and made Tristin into Carthus for their demon lords
- For 240 years they performed experiments or built things, before realising the potential of the lesser beings
- The Age ended with the Earth-Cracking Event
- Oolnir, a respected elf arcanist, commits the ultimate betrayal and becomes a Demon Gravelord and joins the ranks of Dragons, committing horrible treason against his people
- A war of demons rages against humans, those who surrender are given to dragons as slaves
- The Queen of the Moonless Sky destroys Belisaere and Lidelas using a device created by Oolnir, one so great he is imprisoned in Carthus
- Kulka’as becomes Boletaria, Coastrock becomes many islands
- Yonas becomes Yurimar
- Parts of Belisaere and Liven become Askaria and Aerrune
- Dor Isle becomes Arl’Skellig
The Age of Enslavement – 2060 years
- Dragons, the most powerful race, captured humans by the thousands
- No one is sure why they didn’t take the hardier goliaths, wiser elves or stout dwarves. However, enslaving humans was their greatest mistake.
- Dwarves and Elves banded together to fight back, leading to the First Alliance
- From the lands in Askaria, Elves and Dwarves banded together, creating the First Alliance
- For years, Dragons tried to fight Giants, but with the help of the First Alliance they defeated them
- Humans then created Citadel in Askaria, to what we now know as Dawnforge
- For 2050 years the dragons enslaved humans, until the First Alliance formed in 2050
- First Alliance, between Old Okri Gordologon and the Unknown King
- Defeat of the Dragons, destruction of their Empire and the fall of Drangleic
- The Peacekeeper Conduct was signed by a dragon of each creed, the Conduct said that dragons would never affect mortals in any way again, for fear of retribution from the Alliances.
- Death of the Unknown King, beginning of King Anduril the Imlirith and the Nameless King of Kar’Hi’s rivalry
- Jaret, an enslaved man, slays the Queen of the Moonless Sky, the Dragon Queen, alone.
- Creation of Askaria and its regions; Citadel, Kadania, Markdor and Kar’Hi
- Kadania encompassed the east, Markdor the north, Citadel the West and Kar’Hi the South, Taenibir was in the direct middle.
- Jaret is king of Citadel, Okri Gordologon is king of Markdor, and Anduril and the Nameless King fight over rule in Kar’Hi
The Age of Rebirth – 890 years
- Carthus was inhabited by Halflings, Humans and Elves
- Askaria was inhabited by Elves, Dwarves and Humans
- Aerrune is led to a massive war between humans, elves and dwarves
- Dragon King Kalameet swears vengeance against the humans but is slain by Jaret, the killer of his love, the Queen of the Moonless Sky
- Battle of the Burning Fields, between the Mad King Jaret and the Queen of Smiles, from which they had a fair draw and parted ways.
- Death of Kalameet the Dragon King by the Mad King Jaret and his battle-brother the Nameless King of Kar’Hi
- Old Okri Gordologon retires and lets his son Okri Sagol of Markdor take over rule
- A war for Aerrune starts between men, dwarves and elves.
- Battle of Amon Hen, where a nameless hero ends the war in Aerrune, starting peace
- Shadowdale is discovered, the High Kingdom is built across from it
- A man named Laborn leads a mercenary army and claims Carthus for himself, he is immediately followed by races trailing his curtails, so he chooses a region he dubs Carim
- Laborn becomes Marquis of Carim
- The Sun King lead a massive campaign to rally together the orc clans and prevent the invasion of humans to Boletaria
- Assisted by dragonmen and native goliaths, the invading humans succeed
- Creation of the Boletarian capitals, Muraska, Ernham and the Spire
- Majula is founded on River Oloore
- The Sun King is presumed dead as the orc clans return to the wastes, defeated.
- Yurimar is colonised by a dwarf family
- Huge mining operations take place for many decades, other races dare not invade due to their mechanical creations
- A civil war begins with humans, calling themselves Warborn, on the Isles of Arl’Skellig
- Persana is founded by Tritons from the Plane of Water, removing House Do’Urden forcefully
Age of Chaos – 410 years
- The Alliance between men, elves and dwarves crumbled, leading to war and the need for resources in Askaria
- Taenbir, a region in Askaria, is forced into poverty by those from Citadel. Slave Knight Gael leads the Birian mercenaries against him.
- Battle of Sorrowfield, leading to the death of the Phoenix King by Khaine and propelling him to Godhood
- Azredak slays the Queen of Smiles, by pretending to be a lover
- The Poisoned Eye Crusade, led by Mad King Jaret of Askaria, starts a conquest against Psionics
- Ronin Cran flees Askaria after refusing to kill a certain psionic
- Death of the Nameless King of Kar’Hi by Old Okri Sagol of Markdor, Sagol dies during the fight. His son Okri Markham takes over rule.
- Death of the Mad King by the Slave Knight during the Birian Rebellion. The Slave Knight is killed during it, but chooses his friend Crawn, the rightful heir, to lead. Jaret is revealed to be a dragon of deep bronze.
- The First Sword King, Crawn Gryphenous, founded the human capital of Gransys in Askaria, and requested the name be changed to Dawnforge as the old lords have all been slain
- New leaders are now King Anduril the Imlirith, Old Okri Markham and Crawn Gryphenous
- Azredak pursues his conquest of slaying lords, killing Marquis Laborn of Carim and letting his bastard Carsejaw take over rule with his wife Duchess Nashandra.
- The witch-hunts started by Carsejaw slay thousands
- Witches flee Carim to start Londor
- Carsejaw becomes the first Lich King.
- Division of Boletaria into Saine, Djaal and Karneria
- The Jackals begin, tormenting the populace of Muraska
- The Clasp is formed in Saine, tormenting the populace of the Spire, they claim to be inspired by Azredak the Betrayer
- Civil war begins between the three nations that lasts till today, no ground is gained by either of the three factions.
- The Vandelimon family are established and begin to mine all over Aerrune
- Orcs battle the Aerrunians for control over resources
- Battle of the Bloody Flag, where Knight Bident slew Xilvias Horse-Headed the Mare-Titan. Knight Bident was propelled to Sainthood.
- A war breaks out between the Orcs, Kenku, Dwarves, Goliaths, Skaven, Gnolls, Kobolds and Triton in Yurimar
- Death of Goradrin by the Lady of Pain
Age of Magic – 685 years
- With Askaria now reborn as Dawnforge, an age of magic thrives
- The Consumed Lord leads a conquest to claim the East of Dawnforge, leading to them sinking Courland with the help of the Queen with a Thousand Teeth
- The Consumed Lord is killed by Dragon King Skourzh at the Battle of Wyrms
- Ronin Cran dies fighting in the Battle of Wyrms on the beaches of Drangleic saving his friend, Erimond the son of Crawn
- The Drow of the East, led by the Queen with a Thousand Teeth, continues the Consumed Lord’s conquest against the people of the East, spreading plague and undeath through dark magic
- Creation of the Inquisition in Gransys by Bishop Morne
- Battle of Doldren, between General Tritus and the Queen with a Thousand Teeth, ends with Tritus slaying her and becoming a god
- Crawn dies of old age, his son Erimond takes over rule in Gransys, as the Second Sword King
- When Erimond dies of old age, his son Adonis takes over rule as the Third Sword King.
- The Shades of Londor battle the Pardoners of Carim, beginning the Endless War.
- While Londor and Carim battle, refugees flee and create Rosaria on the south coast
- The Hand of Ranald is made here in Rosaria
- Tseldora is discovered on the outskirts of the Carthus cities.
- Whatever happens within Carthus is kept relatively silent and unknown, no-one dares to go investigate
- Unbeknownst to the nobility of Muraska, an unknown amount of Jackals infiltrated their ranks, starting what we now call The Kissing Game.
- The Kissing Game ends with the Massacre of Muraska, slaying over 20,000 residents. This was revenge for the Hounds slaying and burning Jackal dens. The Houndmistress was slain during.
- The Djaals call a truce, but are overrun by both nations, who agree to a ceasefire only if they have their hands in the profits of Djaal
- The Battle of Wyrms at Drangleic
- Oolacile, Colossa and Paradiso are discovered.
- The Harroway Family settle Paradiso
- Yurimar disappears entirely, leaving no trace of it behind.
Age of Hate – 103 years so far
- Adonis dies by Azredak, his younger brother Reynauld slays him. This is only speculation, as Azredak has died before.
- Reynauld becomes the Fourth Sword King of Gransys
- Battle of Yaruga’s Bridge, over the river Brae near Allindor. A company of Sworn Blades numbering only 200, assisted by adventurers, defeats a force of 1800 goblinoids from legions Yinerv and Ghoz.
- Old Okri Markham retires from ruling and lets his younger brother Alaric take over Kragal’Du’El
- The Red Harvest, a massacre perpetrated by the wood elf tribes of Dawnforge, slay thousands
- Siege of Gran Soren, where Netherlings attack the elven outpost of Gran Soren, but are defeated by the Handsome Few assisted by Grey Company.
- Battle of Whitetrees, where Greenshicts ambush an orc clan, the Painted Dogs, but are greeted by Grey Company who win the encounter by scorching the earth.
- The Netherlings invasion is stopped by the Handsome Few at the Battle of Berenike
- The uneasy truce ends with the Sunset Massacre at Muraska, where Jackals and Khoshicts start attacking a peace treaty between the warring nations, only launching the land of Djaal into further chaos.
- The Shadow Fort is built and the Lost Sinners are created to feed off the riches of the demon city, assuming Carim and Londor have wiped each other out
- The Shadow Fort becomes hub of trade between merchants, treasure hunters and the dark third party, the Lost Sinners.
- Battle of the Black Sun, where Lord Gandroth the Serpent-Titan blotted out the sun to siege Aerrune, specifically the High Kingdom. He was defeated when the Sworn Blades were summoned.
- While still in relative peace, there’s unease between what direction the High Council want to lead Aerrune, as there is rumours of traitors helping the Vandelimon Merchant Trading Company
- Death of the Raven Queen by Ubik the Voidless, becoming the Demonlord of Fate.
“I cannot do it myself, I lack the strength. And the bravery. But you, finally our curse will be lifted, and I can die human. Please, save us all. Please”
The Cruel Angel