History of Starsong
The Unknown Age:
In their private planes of existence, gods failed to realise their hubris and the existence of other gods. Their eternal toil in their own realms collided. The planes of existence all overlap on one sphere, that became the world, Starsong.
Different forms of magic were launched into the world, such as
Azarus’ druidic magic,
Latherian’s high magic,
Erythnul’s bardic magic,
Quelanaa’s destructive magic,
The Allfathers holy magic,
Talana’s healing magic,
Vecna’s necromantic magic.
The sun was forged by Talanas, the humans by The Allfather, elves by Latherian, dwarves by Hector, warborn by Durin, water beasts by Zamanthras, and many animals by Erythnul.
There are a myriad of monsters made by Ebrietas, Vecna, Asmodeus and Quelanaa. Dragons were made by The Moonlight God, though they renounced him and forged their own destiny.
- Creation of Starsong
- Creation of the Rift between planes
The Age of Dragons:
Dragons took control of their birth continents and lead the world to achieve leaps in technology and magic by enslaving the mortal races. They challenged the gods with this wealth of knowledge, but the gods inspired the races to lead themselves to fight.
Huge, flying lands of the Dragon’s crashed into the earth, creating the horror that is Carthus and Drangleic, where the dragons presumably hide now. The races dispelled, taking over Dawnforge, the birth-continent.
- Creation of Carthus and Drangleic and their subsequent fall
- Death of the Unknown King and the uprise of King Anduril
- Battle of the Burning Fields, leading to the uprising of the Mad King
- Death of Kalameet the Dragon King by the Mad King and his brother the Nameless King
The Age of Chaos:
After the war with the dragons the races settled together on Dawnforge but there was a severe lack of resources to share. There was exploration, and after discovering the other continents, there was war for control over them. This subsided after major losses on all sides, letting the remainder decide what to do with the continents. Experiments began, leading into a golden age of magic and technology.
- The Battle of Sorrowfield, leading to the death of the Phoenix King and creation of Khaine
- The Poisoned Eye Crusade, hunting and killing Psionics for several decades
- Division of Boletaria into Djaal, Saine and Karneria
- Death of the Nameless King by Old Okri Sagol
- Death of the Raven Queen
- Death of the Mad King by the Slave Knight
- Death of Goradrin by the Lady of Pain
- Establishment of Persana by the Triton, leading to the removal of House Do’Urden
- Creation of Thorolund and Laerve by the Cloud Giants
- Discovery of Paradiso, Oolacile and several other islands
- The First Sword King, Crawn Gryphenous, founded Gransys
The Age of Magic:
After the discoveries made in the previous age, magic became rampant. Schools of learning popped up, praising the gods for both discoveries and their cruelties. Experiments didn’t stop and many strange things were discovered. Common magic items were established but many sages and lords went astray and created wondrous items, but these were not without controversy. Many people are now discovered to have been born or thrust into different circles of magic, as the conjunction of different planes of gods leaked into different areas.
- Disappearance of Yurimar
- Creation of the Wizard Councils
- Death of Old Okri by the Queen with a Thousand Teeth
- Creation of the Inquisiton by Bishop Morne
- The Mak Lak Kai Conquest, attacking the majority of Boletaria
- Battle of Doldren, leading to Tritus’ ascending to Godhood
- The Carthinian Plague destroyed the population of Courland, spreading the plague across the East of Dawnforge
The Age of Hate:
The current age, after a few years ago the massive conflict of The Red Harvest led to distrust amongst each faction, vying for political stability.
- The Red Harvest
- Invasion of the Netherlings
- Battle of Berenike